Meeting and Convention Services Coordinator
Date Posted: January 12, 2022
Deadline: January 19, 2022
Organization: SCPRT/Hickory Knob State Park
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $34,331 annually.
Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management, Business, Marketing or related field and one year of professional experience related to the functional responsibilities of the position. Familiarity with event practices in a hotel setting preferred.
1) Position requires medium lifting of objects, walking and standing on uneven terrain, and working flexible schedules to include weekends, holidays and nights. Requires familiarity with hotel reservation booking systems.
2) Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to work independently and direct other staff as required. Knowledgeable of event operations to include reservation booking, facility setup, and administrative functions. Ability to manage multiple projects at one time. Requires excellent hospitality and customer service skills.
3) Must possess a valid state-issued driver's license.
Under limited direction, the position is responsible for the planning, implementation and coordination of all reservations to include large group bookings and special events at a state park. The position will manage the reservationist and front desk operations. This position will also act as liaison with other management staff from various departments including restaurant, and golf pro shop to ensure guests needs and expectations are met.
1) Assists in the marketing of Hickory Knob State Park as a destination for group conferences and special events.
2) Manages and reviews all pre-arrival group or event processes.
3) Manages group logistics from point of arrival through departure date.
4) Conducts post-event evaluations in order to gauge group satisfaction and to seek ways on how future events could be improved upon.
5) Working with other staff, plans, directs and conducts maintenance activities on related facilities, associated grounds and equipment to ensure that they are maintained to park service standards.
6) Provides hospitality, customer service or teamwork training to staff. Oversee guest hospitality.
7) Practice and promote teamwork within the park and/or region, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
8) Manages and supervises front desk operations to include the reservationist and supplemental staff in a professional manner to ensure an efficient, seamless operation.
1591 Resort Drive
McCormick, SC 29835
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.