Operations Manufacturing Technician
Date Posted: April 19, 2022
Deadline: June 30, 2022
Organization: Robert Bosch LLC
City: Charleston, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Competitive pay. $5K Sign-On Bonus Plus Relocation Available
Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years or older
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with supervision and other personnel
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
- Must be able to function in a noisy and fast paced environment
- Demonstrates self-initiative
- Minimum two years of experience in manufacturing assembly or machining; or two years of experience in technical field with the US military; or 2-4 technical high school or college education
- Basic knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, print-reading and mechanics
- Must demonstrate mechanical proficiency, leadership ability, and teamwork
- Must be willing to work on alternate shifts and must demonstrate the ability to adapt to changes
You will be accountable for troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment to achieve safety product and quality targets, as well as adhering to Bosch’s established standards and procedures. You will be required to display a high level of associate involvement and teamwork to provide continuous improvement ideas and demonstrate strong customer focus.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (*denotes essential functions as defined by ADA)
- Troubleshoot, process and repair or replace defective parts, such as gears, clutches, bushings, shafts, bearings, solenoids, valves, pumps, and direction controls as required.
- Monitors operations, reduces scrap and rework rates, audits parts, and when required preforms adjustments necessary to maintain proper setup and to ensure quality production.
- Analyzes equipment/machine problems, performs repairs, or initiates corrective actions if beyond scope of experience
- Demonstrates self-initiative, promotes associates’ suggestions, and utilized CIP concepts to improve quality and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Initiates corrective actions if data shows “out of control” conditions. Instructs associates in the proper use and care of machines, tools, and measuring instruments.
- Reduces setup time and general down-times via CIP activities and properly escalates as required.
- Controls parts flow and monitors production quantities.
- Follows plant safety and environmental policies, and keeps work areas clean and orderly.
- Actively seeks additional opportunities to gain knowledge or cross train.
This position interacts with Operators, Operational Technicians, Specialized Technicians, Manufacturing Engineers and leadership.
8101 Dorchester Rd
Charleston, SC 29418
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.