Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 30, 2020
Organization: First Priority Medical Transport
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
- Current NREMT and SC DHEC Certification
- Current certification in CPR by the American Heart Association (AHA) or the American Red Cross.
- Current Motor Vehicle Operator’s license with acceptable MVR.
- High degree of personal integrity and
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, using good judgment and common sense with a thorough understanding of the principles of emergency medical care.
- Ability to work efficiently and interact in a constructive and professional manner with other employees, a partner, public safety personnel, medical staff, and other emergency medical service members.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with patients, customers, clients, family members, bystanders, and the general public in such a manner as to reflect credibly on First Priority Medical Transport
- Demonstrates a level of skill and ability consistent with the provision of high quality patient care.
- The ability to perform effectively as team leader in patient care situations.
- The ability to perform effectively in carrying out public relations and community education functions and the ability to deal effectively with members of the medical community and general public in promoting First Priority Medical Transport.
- Demonstrates and ensures knowledge, understanding and compliance of First Priority policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the vehicle and equipment is ready for use at the beginning and end of the shift, and after every call. This includes: appropriate cleaning and disinfecting of the interior and exterior of the vehicle; appropriate cleaning and disinfecting of equipment; inspecting; restocking, and completing daily checklists of the vehicle and equipment; and washing the exterior of the vehicle, removing all trash, and applying tire shine at the completion of every shift, as well as additional disinfecting and cleaning as specified on designated Unit “Strip Days”.
- Performs daily inspections of their base and/or station for cleanliness. Performs the appropriate housekeeping duties to ensure their living quarters are clean, free from clutter and sanitary at all times.
- Responds to emergencies and non-emergencies using appropriate care and caution in accordance with South Carolina law, EMS regulations, Company policy, and the principles of safe emergency vehicle operation. Always wears their seat belt when in a Company vehicle.
- Renders emergency and non-emergency medical care In accordance with the rules, regulations, protocols, policies, and procedures of First Priority Medical Transport, the State of South Carolina, and SC DHEC, consistent with good judgment and the provision of high quality medical care.
- Appropriately and safely delivers the patient to the nearest and most appropriate medical facility.
- Works with BLS personnel in a professional manner and works at their skill level in accordance to SC DHEC company policies. Maintain good relations between our own ALS and BLS services, as well as outside services.
1831 Airport Blvd
Cayce, SC 29033
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.