Park Manager II
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 14, 2020
Organization: SCPRT/Redcliffe Plantation State Historic Site
City: Beech Island, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $38,500 annually.
Bachelors degree in Park Administration or related field with one years experience in park operations.
- Use judgement and discretion in the decision making process based on established procedures and guidelines. Provide a customer friendly service oriented work environment. Position requires flexible work schedule to include weekends, nights and holidays. Position requires residency in agency-provided housing.
- The ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing. The ability to work independently or as part of a team as well as the ability to direct others.
- Must possess a valid SC drivers license and have the ability to get and maintain a SC constable commission.
To manage Redcliffe Plantation State Historic Site, a National Register historic house museum with outbuildings and historic landscape.
- Effectively trains and supervises full-time staff and directs the activities of seasonal employees.
- Responsible for change funds, revenues collected, receipts and their accountability and disposition. Perform all required administrative functions to include providing accurate and timely reports in accordance with Departmental policy and procedures.
- Proactively seek to improve your knowledge of best management practices for Redcliffe.
- Assures that all facilities, equipment, and property is maintained to the standards set forth by the Department. Works to provide a safe environment for park visitors and employees. Maintains and is accountable for inventory of all assets.
- Ensures that park operations are operated in the most cost efficient manner possible. Assures that all activities are conducted in accordance with established procedures and policies.
- Oversee all revenue generating operations at Redcliffe with the goal of improving them annually.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the Sand Hills Region, and the State Park Service.
Actual Job Location: Redcliffe Plantation State Historic Site.
Residency in agency provided housing.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
181 Redcliffe Road
Beech Island, SC 29842
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.