Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 26, 2019
City: Calhoun Falls
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $25,956 annually
Associate degree in Park Management or related field with two (2) year park ranger experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking and standing on uneven terrain, crawling and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other material used in maintaining park facilities and grounds.
- Position requires residency in park-provided housing.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Classification may require successful completion of law enforcement training as prescribed by state law. Must posses a valid South Carolina Driver's license.
Under general supervision, assists with overall operation and maintenance of a State Park. Performs diversified duties as governed by general instruction, policies and standard operating procedures of the Department. Assumes the responsibilities of the Park Manager in the absence of higher level employees.
- Assists with park administrative duties in accordance with Department guidelines and procedures and planning of long and short-term goals.
- Collect and account for revenue and produce required reports.
- Instruct, supervise and perform routine and preventative maintenance on grounds, buildings and equipment to meet established standards.
- Manages assigned specific operations to include public use areas, retail operations and facilities, and maintain a safe work environment.
- Performs law enforcement activities within his/her authority and established policy and provides a safe environment for visitors and staff.
- Assists in control of inventories of equipment and supplies by issue, use and counts; completes data reports.
- Interprets the cultural and natural resources of the State Park Service to park visitors.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the State Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201