Pro Shop Manager
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 7, 2019
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $30,363 annually
Associates Degree and two years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires medium to heavy lifting, bending, walking and standing on uneven terrain, exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other materials used in maintaining park facilities and grounds.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing. Ability to work independently and direct subordinates as required. Must be able to operate and work with office equipment, such as computers, calculators and cash registers.
- Possess a valid SC drivers license.
Manages the operation of the golf course, to include por shop sales and activities, food service, inventory control, golf cart maintenance and rental and supervision of staff. Responsible for promotion, organization and implementation of tournaments. Responsible for promotion and packaging of total golf/park operation.
- Oversees the management of golf pro shop and related facilities and performs other duties as required to ensure park operation is successful.
- Manages the human resources of the golf pro shop including supervision, delegation of responsibilities and assigning tasks.
- Ensures that established standards, procedures and guidelines are followed in the collection and accounting of all revenues associated with the golf pro shop. Purchase items for resale and maintain inventories.
- Ensures that established rules and regulations governing golf course activities are adhered to and makes recommendations for improved practices.
- Networks with local and regional groups, organizations and businesses and develops strategies to promote golfing opportunities.
- Consults with Greens Superintendent to ensure that play does not cause unacceptable degradation to the course with relation to the compounded effects of weather. Also maintain close relationship and cooperation with the Greens Superintendent in coordinating daily play and tournament activities.
- Conducts golf clinics and special programs.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the State Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Actual Job Location: Hickory Knob State Resort Park.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.