Production Team Lead (2nd Shift)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: February 5, 2018
Organization: Cardinal Health
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent thereof in education and experience (6 plus years) preferred.
Three years of industrial experience as a maintenance mechanic.
Must have Workkeys assessment scores of at least a 4 on Math, 45 on Mechanical, 4 on Reading, 4 on locating information, and a 4 on Applied Technology through Piedmont Technical College
Minimum score of 60 on the Mechanical Standard Timing Model.
Written and verbal communication skills.
Must complete successfully In-House / Technical School training requirements.
Basic computer skills in MS Windows and MS Office.
- Observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions.
- Help complete JSA’s and training documents as needed.
- Understanding of all current plant policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and complete Preventive Maintenance activities within the PM schedule on designated equipment
- Work with Supervisors to schedule appropriate people at the line and fill in for those scheduling vacation requests.
- Potential Responsibility for maintaining Kronos time records.
- Ensure all compliance wire activities are completed in the required time frames.
- Coordinate and prioritize tasks for the team
- Will order all material necessary to manufacture and package the appropriate product
- Will load and change raw materials
- Must maintain the proper levels of hotmelt, polymer and fragrance as applicable to the machine.
- Will clean the machine and the immediate area as well as keep equipment and materials neat and orderly and in their proper place
- Will perform and document quality and processing audits
- Will initiate, maintain and complete all required paperwork for this position
- Will update BPCS with production and downtime data as required
- Will be required to conduct inspections such as unlabeled containers and guarding, quality controls, cycle counts, etc.
- Must meet production and quality standards on a consistent basis
- Coordinate critical machine change overs.
- Provide feedback to the leadership on the performance of other team members.
- Recommends repair adjustment and preventative maintenance methods for equipment.
- Identify items that need to be repaired, time needed to repair and help schedule planned maintenance.
- Provides technical support for the Production line.
- Ability to be self-directed and able to apply initiative and judgment without supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot high-speed equipment which requires a logical cause and an effective approach.
- Involved in machine modifications as required by the department.
- Must be able to train and assist in team member development.
- Must be able to organize and manage teams work times and breaks to create a cohesive environment and optimize the lines performance.
- Must be able to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. of various sizes and shapes.
- Must be capable of pushing up to 200 lbs. on a cart.
- Must be able to climb on ladders or other authorized equipment for maintaining, repairing, replacing or installing equipment.
- Must be licensed or willing to be licensed in operating a forklift for the purpose of moving equipment and heavy parts.