Registered Nurse II
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: December 4, 2020
Organization: DDSN-Whitten Regional Center
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Hiring Range - Min. $50,000.00 Hiring Range - Max. $70,674.00
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the SC Board of Nursing. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing with one year experience as a Registered Nurse; or a three-year Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing with one year experience as a Registered Nurse.Must possess a valid SC Driver's License
Please see our Agency Specific Application Procedures. You must complete all work history within the application form. An offer of employment in this position will be contingent upon the following: an acceptable review of your past employment history, personal references, other sources including, but not limited to, the criminal background check which will be conducted by SLED and/or the FBI; and receiving clearance from the DSS Child Registry that indicates no record of child abuse or neglect. Employment would also be contingent on your passing a pre-employment drug test. DDSN reserves the right to rescind any employment offer in the event our review of your background develops information, including opinions of previous employer or colleagues that cause us to conclude, at our sole discretion, that you are not suited for the position.
Provide clinical direction to nurses in assigned ICF/MR. Services as professional mentor for new nurses. Assist in the development, initiating, and evaluation of health care objectives. Develops and implements strategies to promote health, prevent disease, and provide habilitative/rehabilitative care of consumers. Relieves the Nurse Adm/Mgr. as assigned. Promotes and assists with implementation of Health Care Guidelines.
- When assigned, directs/provides quality nursing care based on the nursing process. Maintains a working knowledge of consumer's care through regular discussion and rounds with unit personnel and Medical Provider(s). Evaluates consumer's health and identifies immediate and potential health care problems. Provides clinical supervision in the implementation of admission/discharges, treatments, medication, IV Fluids, and other procedures. Prepares nursing care plans, assessments, and documents in nurse's notes. Monitors care to assure adherence to safety standards and infection control policies. Uses appropriate quality assurance measures, observations, and generates reports to assess nursing practice provided in unit. Coordinates improving current tools or developing new tools to assess quality and appropriateness of care delivery. Calls Medical Provider(s) when necessary and assist Medical Provider(s) and subordinates in the delivery of care.
- Assist Nurse Adm./Mgr. in carrying out job tasks assigned to the position of Nurse Adm./Mgr. (A) Acts as professional nurse to subordinates. (B) Issues standing orders according to policy. (C) Uses proper procedure for obtaining medications after hours. (D) Demonstrates the ability to communicate according to procedure by 2-way radio. (E) Documents on nurses' notes using accepted standards of nursing practice. (F) Reports pertinent information concerning consumer medical needs to other supervisors through verbal and written reports. (G) Follows up on consumers who have been reported to have problems or potential problems. (H) Demonstrates that proper channels are followed for problem solving. (I) Make rounds to all units as needed. (J) Consults with Medical Provider(s) to identify consumer's health problems. (K) Accepts consumer assignment for administering medications and treatments as needed for minimum coverage.
- Relieves the Nurse Adm./Mgr. in her absence. (A) Delegates to the LPN to the limit of her/his role. (B) Authorizes emergency leave requests according to procedure. (C) Manages acute emergency staffing problems in a way that maintains minimum coverage. (D) Promotes interdepartmental cooperation and communications by working closely with Facility and Area O.D. and residential staff to facilitate improved consumer's care. (E) Assures that nursing interfaces with major Whitten Center policies accurately. (F) Notifies Nurse Adm./Mgr. to let them know call ins for the next day if it presents a coverage problem. (G) Is delegated to represent nursing services in all supervisory functions.
- Must respond to emergency medical calls when assigned as charge nurse, and is assigned a 2 way radio, which must be carried at all, times while on duty.
- Directly supervises on-duty-nursing personnel assigned by Nurse Adm./Mgr. (A) Assists with orientation of new nursing personnel to assigned shift. (B) When making rounds makes observations to determine that subordinates are following policies and procedures accurately.
- Participates in evaluation of shift personnel as instructed by Nurse Adm./Mgr. (A) Contributes input to supervisor for individual evaluation of subordinates. (B) May initiate counseling for personnel as necessary.
28373 Highway 76 East
Clinton, SC 29325
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.