Social Media and Content Writer
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 1, 2018
Organization: J&amp;P Park Acquisitions, Inc.
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $12.00 per hour
- Degree in English, Marketing, or Journalism
- Strong writing skills, knowledge of proper grammar, and the ability to proof and edit copy
- Experience writing copy for marketing (newsletters, catalogs, social media, press releases, etc). Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with social platforms such as, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, or more
- Able to learn quickly, work with strict deadlines, and have a strong attention to detail
Who is J & P Park Acquisitions (JPPA)?
A well-established Direct to Consumer Specialty Gardening, Outdoor Living, and Home Hardware Company. Our garden brands of Park Seed, Jackson & Perkins, and Wayside Gardens are longstanding and highly respected in the industry. VanDyke’s Restorers supplies exceptional hardware and materials for home renovation. JPPA is headquartered in Greenwood, South Carolina.
Why join JPPA?
Health and wellness benefits
Product discounts on all JPPA products
Great co-workers and collaborative work environment
What do we need at JPPA?
JPPA Social Media & Content Writers are responsible for preparing the words, slogans, or script to promote the companies, products, services, and brand identity. The duties include but not limited to social media content, direct mail marketing, sales letters, taglines, postcards, jingle lyrics, brochures, email advertising, internet advertising, catalogs, press releases, product descriptions, and other marketing media.
A Social Media & Content Writer, along with the creative team, produces original copy ideas with the objective of capturing the target audience's attention. The material presented is factually correct and in keeps with the codes of advertising practice.
Social Media & Content Writers assist in the placement and management of content, images, videos among target social media platforms.
What will you do at JPPA?
- Attending or holding meetings with Content Manager and Brand Managers, at which time the requirements and core messages are discussed.
- Gaining a deep understanding of the product, target audience, and competitor activities in the market.
- Create long and short description copy for products to optimize space and impact in catalog and online presentations.
- Exploring different ideas and concepts for both the visual and verbal elements in union with the creative team.
- Make changes to the copy as directed by Content Manager and Brand Managers.
- May play a role in coordinating the production phase; booking and liaising with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers and production companies.
- Responsible for daily/weekly developing and executing appropriate and timely content to social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and other media as the needs arise.
- Coordinating the marketing calendar with online activity, tracking social media influence measurements, partnering with other departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy, ensuring consistency of messages across multiple networks, and continuous monitoring and coverage of all sites.
- Manage public relation and press release copy creation and placement.
- Research and connect with strategic partners to work with JPPA brands for influencer partnership.
- Create blogs for assigned products and lifestyle content to support brand customer engagement.
- Knowledge of digital marketing, including SEO, marketing campaign management, and channel marketing.