SOFTWARE SYSTEM ENGINEER I
Date Posted: November 10, 2021
Deadline: December 31, 2021
Organization: KNAPP Inc.
City: Kennesaw, GA
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Knowledge of C++ or Java development
- SQL and PL-SQL experience is required
- Experience with Linux
- Work in a mixed Linux and Windows environment
- Knowledge of one of the following scripting languages is a plus:
- Bash, Perl or Python
- Solid understanding of network infrastructures
- Knowledge and understanding of logistical workflows and processes
- Knowledge of current software development technologies and design patterns (OOA, UML, common patterns)
- Capability to create workflows and processes in written form and sequence diagrams, and to develop and implement accordingly
- Strong knowledge in one of the following fields:
- Database development; process development, UI/HMI development
WHO WE ARE
At KNAPP (pronounced KaNop, not Nap!) "We Make Complexity Simple" by using cutting-edge technologies to deliver groundbreaking solutions for our clients. By leveraging the latest software, AI, and Robotics technology we are disrupting the logistics automation industry. We work with the world’s industry leaders in grocery, healthcare, retail, e-commerce, apparel & manufacturing.
We are a global company with our US headquarters right outside of Atlanta, GA. We specialize in dock-to-dock automation of the supply chain process for both B2B (Business to Business) and B2C (Business to Consumer.) With over 4,000 people in our group worldwide we are different than most other supply chain automation companies in that over 25% of our solutions are software-based. We also reinvest 7% of our revenues in R&D ensuring a strong and vibrant future! Come help us change the world! For more information, visit www.knapp.com.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Installation and setup of our logistics software at Customer Sites
- Programming of software customizations and adaptation of configurations
- Development of queries and reports by accessing the software’s database (SQL)
- Organization, preparation and testing of software at the office (Kennesaw/Atlanta) and at Customer Sites
- Project related work with customers, at Customer Site and in the office
- Software engineering to discuss processes
- Adaptation of interface software
- Support sales and project management team
- Cooperation with different international departments (Europe)
- Support to customers during startup phase
- Training and support to customers on issues related to our software and logistics
- Remote support to existing customers
- Documentation and finalization of projects for handover to customer service department
- Travel is required as follows:
- 60 - 80% travel if traveling to the customer site or 20% travel or less if relocating or local to the customer site
- Mandatory training at our training facility in Kennesaw, Georgia is required during your first 4-6 months of employment
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- A beautiful new, state-of-the-art, office complex in Kennesaw, GA
- Industry competitive compensation
- Great benefits with better than average employer contributions, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short- & Long-Term Disability and more!
- 401k with a very generous employer match and no vesting!
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Subsidized food delivery
- Monthly celebrations
- Quarterly employee events
- Corporate Social Responsibility including recycling, sustainability and volunteering
2124 Barrett Park Dr.
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.