Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 25, 2020
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience, education and level of expertise.
The ideal candidate for this position should be self-motivated, possess a high level of initiative, and be able to make deadlines, even under pressure. The right person must be able to handle daily job duties without constant supervision while working as part of an existing team. This position requires someone with above average organizational, analytical and time management skills but also someone who can work on several duties at the same time. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, are a must. Also understand the importance of organizational confidentiality and must be able to understand and apply the Core Values of TCB Corporation while working with internal as well as external customers.
Qualifications, Education, Job Skills:
- Associates Degree from an accredited college and a minimum of 1 to 2 years' experience in accounting
- Strong skills and comfort with computers and accounting software
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, especially with math
- Experienced and professional communication skills (including the synthesis of data and translating for appropriate use by non-accountants, presentation skills, etc.)
- Demonstrated research skills Ability to dig for information from the internet and other sources and to gain information from other financial institutions
- Curiosity about regulatory compliance for financial institutions, with ability to make recommendations of "best practices" for consideration by management
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to learn and grow in personal knowledge and capabilities
Countybank is seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual to serve as a Staff Accountant, who will have primary responsibility, with support of the Financial Controller, daily account operations including balancing our correspondent bank accounts, cash accounts, general ledger and bank account reconciliations. Countybank's continued growth in all lines of business combined with the heightened level of regulatory scrutiny in the industry, has increased the complexities of our accounting responsibilities. Thus, the duties of this group and of this position are critical to achieving our long-term strategic goals. You must be able to work well independently and in a team environment, possess excellent time management skills, be a critical thinker, pay attention to details, and put people first.
Position Duties and Responsibilities include:
- General Accounting: Responsible for balancing the bank's correspondent bank accounts ensuring all outstanding items are cleared in a timely manner. Reconciles internal bank and general ledger accounts ensuring all outstanding items are cleared appropriately and accurately. Assists with audit and budget preparatory work and analyzes expense variances to budget.
- Operational: Responsible for processing the bank's corporate payments, reviewing and verifying payment amounts, initiating wires, and ensuring that all payments are made in a timely manner. Will serve as the primary backup for accounts payable.
- Funds Management: Responsible for determining the daily settlement position of the bank. This will include optimizing liquidity through the management of our overnight borrowing lines making decisions within corporate restrictions.
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.