Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 31, 2020
Organization: SC Highway Patrol
Location: All Counties
Website: View Website
Wages/Salary: Uncertified Starting Salary: $39,038 Certified SC Law Enforcement Class One officer with three or more years of consecutive service with the currently employed law enforcement agency. Starting Salary: $42,942 Trooper First Class 3 years as Trooper Base Salary: $42,942 Lance Corporal 5 years as a Trooper Base Salary: $47,235 Master Trooper 10 years as a Trooper Base Salary: $50,736
- At least 21 years of age before day one of Basic Training
- You must have a valid South Carolina Driver's License or a valid Driver's License from your current State
- U.S. Citizen
- High School Diploma or GED
- 20/20 vision OR no more than 20/200 corrected to 20/100 or below
- NO CRIMINAL RECORD
- Driving record should be clear of any suspension for the last 5 years as a result of alcoholic beverage or dangerous drug violation, or leaving the scene of an accident. The overall driving record will be evaluated placing emphasis on the severity, date and age, time span, and number of violations accumulated.
Looking for qualified men and women to join the ranks of the SC Highway Patrol.
Once you have submitted an application, you will be sent an e-mail detailing the next steps in the employment process.
Start gathering the items below, and have them ready to be submitted.
Copy of high school diploma or GED certificate
Certified copy of college transcripts (if applicable)
Copy of DD214 if you have served in the military
Copy of birth certificate or naturalization certificate (if applicable)
Copy of your South Carolina driver's license
If you are an out-of-state applicant with a driver's license from a different state, you will need to submit a certified copy of your driver's license for that state and any other state you have held a license in with in the past 5 years.
STEP 2: Administrative Review
Credit/Criminal/Driving/Employment History Review
STEP 3: Physical Ability Test and Written Examination
Physical Ability Test (PAT)
Written Examination (If you pass the PAT test, you will take the written test the same day and undergo an informative employment orientation.)
STEP 4: Polygraph Examination
STEP 5: Background Investigation
STEP 6: Oral Interview
STEP 7: Medical and Psychological Testing
STEP 8: County Assignment Selection & Employment Offer
10311 Wilson Blvd
Blythewood, SC 29016
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.