VETERINARY PATHOLOGY TECHNICIAN - 03312022-29369
Date Posted: April 6, 2022
Deadline: April 13, 2022
Organization: Tennessee Department of Agriculture
City: Nashville Tennessee
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Education and Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, microbiology, medical technology, or related biological, physical or agricultural science.
Substitution of Experience for Education: Qualifying full-time technical experience in one or a combination of the following: veterinary technician or assistant, meat processing, stockyard, diagnostic laboratory assistant, or other relevant medical field may be substituted for the required education, on a year-for-year basis, to a maximum of four years (e.g., experience equivalent to one year of full-time work in a combination of the above listed fields may substitute for one year of the required education).
Licensed as a Veterinary Technician.
Necessary Special Qualifications: A valid driver's license may be required.
Examination Method: Education and Experience, 100%, for Preferred Service positions
Under general supervision, is responsible for assisting veterinary pathologists during necropsy, processing tissue samples for testing, distributing and storing, removing carcass remains for incineration, and cleaning the lab following completion of the necropsy.
1. Select the link to access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
3. Copy the Job Title (VETERINARY PATHOLOGY TECHNICIAN - 03312022-29369) and paste into the "Search State of Tennessee Jobs" field. Click the Search button (>>).
4. The Job displays in your search results. Select the Job and click the "Apply for Job" button to view the job description.
5. Review the job description and select the "Apply for Job" button to begin your application.
440 Hogan Road
Nashville, TN 37220
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.