Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: April 30, 2021
Organization: Columbia Veterinary Emergency Trauma and Speciality
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Starting at $15.00 per hour depending on experience
Be on time and on the floor 5 minutes prior to shift start time.
Lead by example with exceptional work ethic and communication.
Work Closely with the CSRs to facilitate client communication throughout their shift.
Be familiar with hospitalized patients and work together with the patient care nurses and doctors to give clients phone updates. All communications will be logged on the patient’s clinical record.
Responsible for phone calls pertaining to the following:
o Medication Refills and/or questions
o Medical updates for patients
o Post Discharge questions
o Pre-triage medical questions
o Specialty Client questions (Saturday and Sunday only)
Ability to lift at least 50lbs
They will work along side the inpatient and outpatient teams to help prepare the patients for discharge by filling medications, printing discharges when complete and checking invoices for accuracy. They will help the team with completing discharges as well if available.
Holding team members accountable on the floor (cleaning cages and hospital, following protocols, patient care, attitude/culture on floor)
Communicate with all Doctors on shift to make sure they are receiving the support from the team.
- Provide excellent patient care alongside doctors and nurses in a fast paced work environment
- At least one (1) years’ experience as an LVT preferred with competent computer skills (preferred)
- Competent math skills
- Participation in continuing education programs with at least ten (10) credit hours in approved lectures/forums
- Membership in a professional society
- The ability to follow or give direction with and without supervision, multitask, prioritize, and delegate
- The ability to lift objects or pets of at least 40lbs and to control large, anxious, or angry pets
- The ability to understand medical terminology, mathematics, and procedures
- The ability to admit or ask questions when a task is unclear
- The ability to show leadership towards others while maintaining harmonious interpersonal relations
- Ability to understand the needs and styles of staff and doctors
- The ability to provide exceptional client service.
1321 Oakcrest Dr.
Columbia, SC 29223
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.