X-Ray Technologist Full-time
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 26, 2020
Organization: AFC Urgent Care
City: Powdersville and Easley
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet patient, ensure that the patient has removed all jewelry and metal objects, is wearing the appropriate medical gown and is not pregnant.
- Prepare and position the patient for diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Adjust immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of the body as requested by the physician.
- Explain procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
- Practice radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Maintain a neat and clean working environment and ensure all supplies have been ordered and stocked.
- Process images and review for proper identification and quality control.
- Utilize both digital and non-digital diagnostic imaging equipment, ensuring compliance with approved radiology techniques and all AFC Urgent Care policies and procedures.
- Prepare images for reading by physician as well as contact any additional physicians if a second opinion is needed.
- Aid physician with prescribed patient treatments in accordance with approved standards, policies, procedures and protocol as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance, diagnose malfunctions, and make minor repairs on equipment, arranging for repairs as needed.
- Complete forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed.
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and pleasant work environment.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Regular attendance/timeliness to ensure efficient clinic operations.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs.
- Treat people with respect, inspire trust of others, work with integrity, uphold organizational values.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adapt to change in work environment, manage competing demands
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or six months to one year related experience and/or training. ARRT-registered or board eligible preferred. SCRQSA licensed. Medical Assistant Certification or registry, Practical Nursing License, EMT or Paramedic certification or license preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Standing regularly throughout the shift.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional exposure to chemicals and fumes, such as those used to develop x-ray film.
Perform radiographic and other diagnostic imaging procedures to assist physicians in the diagnosis of injuries and disease. In addition to x-ray tech duties, this position may also serve as medical assistant (additional job description required).
Same position is also available at our Easley AFC location.
3613 Highway 153
Powdersville, SC 29611
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.