Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 17, 2020
Organization: Beyond Abuse
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Competitive. Benefits: Dental Insurance Flexible Schedule Health Insurance Life Insurance Paid Time Off Vision Insurance
1. Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Human Services. Bachelor’s in education or Human services field preferred.
2. Ability to relate to individuals and groups in an empathic, non-judgmental manner.
3. Knowledge of the dynamics of sexual violence and its effects on primary victims, secondary victims, and the community.
4. Ability to build a team and develop a strategic plan.
5. Strong research and leadership skills
6. Experience in public speaking and/or presenting workshops in diverse communities.
7. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
8. Strong organizational skills, punctuality, cultural competency, professionalism, and written and oral communication skills.
Position Overview: Reporting to the Education and Outreach Manager, the Education Specialist performs tasks to meet the growing community education needs of Beyond Abuse. In this role, s/he will develop a community initiative and assist with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of practice- and evidence-based violence education and awareness training with adults and children in the agency’s service area.
1. Deliver education and awareness activities in a variety of settings, including youth and adult audiences, and assist with evaluation and assessment of all education curricula.
2. Develop an initiative to address community challenges that negatively impact the community.
3. Create and conduct risk reduction education information for children and teachers within K-12th grade schools.
4. Provide training to school officials on reporting suspected child abuse.
5. Uphold Beyond Abuse’s mission to lead our community beyond sexual violence and child abuse through awareness, advocacy and action.
6. Collaborate to expand service delivery in the community and keep abreast of current trends and research related to sexual violence education and awareness.
7. Represent Beyond Abuse at health fairs and outreach events, to include weekends and after hours events.
8. Promote the agency within the community.
9. Compile and report statistical information as required by funding sources.
10. Other duties as assigned.
8 hour shift
115 E Alexander Ave
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.