Electrical Production Supervisor
Date Posted: September 22, 2021
Deadline: October 22, 2021
Organization: ACS Manufacturing Inc
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Requirements – Education & Experience: *
- High school diploma or GED, or any combination of education and experience.
- An Associate degree in Engineering, Electronics, Management, or related field preferred; or five years of experience in the electrical wiring of power systems fabrication, assembly, electronics, systems installation, repair and maintenance. Electrician
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints, schematics, drawings and sketches.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check for employment.
- Ability to read and write English, Bi-Lingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Good knowledge of measuring devices and tools and their proper operation.
- Good knowledge of electrical codes and specifications.
Full Job Description
- Job Summary: Under the direction of the Site Quality Manager and the support of the Electrical Systems Integration Manager the Electrical Quality Control Inspector is responsible for performing product inspection to verify compliance with customer specifications, electrical codes and material specifications. Initiates, documents and monitors non-conformance reports to ensure products satisfy customers’ expectations. Maintains complete and accurate records of inspection activities.
- Inspections: Electrical inspections, equipment inspections, dimensional / positional inspections, connection inspections, label and marking inspections, visual “appearance” inspections and final product inspections.
- Tests: Electrical systems and equipment test. Assist in the sound abatement performance test.
- Evaluate and review released shop drawings for completeness and potential fabrication errors.
- Initiate non-conformance reports, tags affected material or equipment, and monitors progress of repairs.
- Order and inspect for proper tags, labels, signs, plaques and markings.
- Interpret and communicate to others complex shop drawings, plans, blueprints, sketches and electrical schematics
- Complete all necessary quality required documentation including Inspection Reports, checklist, control plans, and job records.
- Checks cable laying and cable identification. Performs all relevant loop checks and tests of continuity, insulation resistance. Checks for the proper installation of instruments.
- Perform Customer Supplied Equipment (CSE) receiving inspections for compliance to product specifications and requirements
- Assist shop leaders in working towards a safer and Lean Manufacturing environment, 5S+1 implementation, and just-in-time acquisition of all materials and goods for the projects
- Support the calibration program. Insure all critical-to-quality tools used in the electrical systems integration are calibrated and correctly labeled as such.
- Review all engineering change notices (ECN) to ensure correctness and that the fabrication shops can effectively and efficiently fabricate the product as indicated by the ECN.
- Monitor engineering change notices (ECN) to ensure the fabrication shops, departments and production cells (internal & external) have the correct revision drawing and documentation – including the distribution of newly revised drawings to the shop.
- Assist in the facilitation or data gathering of problem-solving activities, to include the creation of A3 problem-solving reports, root-cause analysis, the establishment of mitigation plans, the development of implementation project plans, and the commissioning of new process changes.
- Always obey and practice the safety standards of ACS Manufacturing.
- Evaluate the workmanship of individual electricians and notify production supervision or the Electrical Systems Integration Manager when additional training is perceived needed.
- Ensure all products meet local, state, and federal regulations, codes and requirements, along with customer specifications.
- Prepares for customer witness tests, controls and inspections.
- Responsible for any other tasks as assigned.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel; learn the company’s ERP tools.
- Have knowledge of connection/terminations on bus and various applications.
- Program and test level sensors and panel meters as required.
- Must have a solid understanding medium and high voltage systems and electrical instrumentation.
- Able to create documentation for as-build drawings and the creation of Bill of Materials for the purchasing department.
- Previous exposure to high voltage electrical installation including switchgear and electric drives preferred.
- Capable of preparing detailed electrical systems assembly matrices and inspection checklists; and perform punch-list operations
- Must maintain to strict adherence of all local, state and national electrical codes.
- Ability to inspect electrical systems to standards and to blueprint electrical symbols.
- Willingness to participate in a team-oriented environment and foster cooperative work relations.
- Participate in engineering and general design reviews as required.
- Support the continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T) preferred.
- Proficient in the use of standard inspection measuring tools and equipment such as tape measures, temperature sensors, and various instruments to measure electrical characteristics.
- Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematics; and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to coach fabricators in what needs repair/rework; an occasionally demonstrate how to perform the repair/rework.
Physical Working Conditions:
- Able to work exposure to elements, such as ambient temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Able to work in an area without heaters or air conditioning.
- Able to work outside the building in various type of weather.
- Able to stoop, bend, reach, climb, kneel, look up and work at 18 feet or more heights.
- Must have good eyesight, with or without corrective lenses, with near vision acuity and color contrast differentiation to inspect fine detailed work.
- Must be able to perform moderate physical activity including physical lifting up to 30 pounds, pushing or pulling of heaver objects.
- Able to work in an environment involving exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following safety precautions and the use of personal protective equipment.
COMPLETE the application
SAVE it to your computer using this format: firstnamelastname + date
EMAIL your saved PDF application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a resume, please attach that to your email as well
1439 Cambridge St Ext
Abbeville, SC 29620
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.