Human Services Specialist I - Campus & Central Square
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: November 30, 2020
Organization: DDSN-Whitten Regional Center
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Associate's degree, completion of advance in-service training and one year of experience in direct support of persons with intellectual and related disabilities; or high school diploma, completion of advance in-service training and four years of experience in direct support of persons with intellectual and related disabilities. Must possess a valid SC Driver's License.
Please see our Agency Specific Application Procedures. You must complete all work history within the application form. An offer of employment in this position will be contingent upon the following: an acceptable review of your past employment history, personal references, other sources including, but not limited to, the criminal background check which will be conducted by SLED and/or the FBI; and receiving clearance from the DSS Child Registry Check that indicates no record of child abuse or neglect. Employment would also be contingent on your passing a pre-employment drug test. DDSN reserves the right to rescind any employment offer in the event our review of your background develops information, including opinions of previous employers or colleagues that cause us to conclude, at our sole discretion, that you are not suited for the position.
Under general supervision instructs and supervises Human Services Assistants in the care, guidance, and training of individuals with intellectual disabilities; performs routine, standardized duties involving choice of action within limits defines by standard practices and instructions and decision making that may affect accuracy of functional results.
- Supervises consumers' training and ensures IPP's are followed, proper documentation is done by Human Services Assistant II staff, and reliability checks are completed. Ensures assigned Human Services Assistant staff are aware of all assigned consumers' objectives as well as other pertinent IPP data.
- Ensures that Human Services Assistant staff consistently provide age-appropriate and structured group activities which involve all individuals and meet their training needs at appropriate times.
- Ensures that each consumer's 24 hour schedule is followed as written and schedules are revised as needed.
- Monitors individuals' direct care needs and ensures proper care as well as training opportunities given. Observe meals, bathing, dressing, toileting, clothing care, and unit advocacy system.
- Monitor staff compliance with required body checks, accident and behavior documentation, accountability procedures, and daybook documentation.
- Provide staff inservice and OJT as needed. Schedules regular unit staff meetings. Ensures that assigned staff are aware of all pertinent rules and regulations. Takes corrective actions and follows through with progressive disciplinary action as indicated. Particularly ensures active treatment for consumers.
- Maintains unit cleanliness. Ensures Infection Control guidelines are followed and promptly reports and follows up on maintenance needs and housekeeping.
- Performs other related duties such as assuring clothing inventory, purchasing, care, storage, and documentation procedures occur according to policy and regulation. Performs duties such as staff meetings, fire drills, consumer outings, medical/transportation coordination, etc. w/o reminders.
1st Shift 6:45 A.M - 3:15 P.M / 2nd Shift 2:45 P.M.- 11:15 P.M. / 3rd Shift 10:45 P.M - 7:15 A.M days rotate--includes weekends.
AVAILABLE BUILDINGS SHIFTS:
102 CAMPUS - 2ND
106 CAMPUS - 2ND
108 CAMPUS 1ST
110 CAMPUS - 2ND
201 CENTRAL SQ - 3RD
205 CENTRAL SQ - 2ND
28373 Highway 76 East
Clinton, SC 29325
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.