Human Services Specialist I Unit 102 2nd Shift
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 9, 2020
Organization: DDSN-Whitten Regional Center
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
Wages/Salary: $29,078.00 - $41,866.00 Annually
- Minimum and Additional Requirements
Associate's degree, completion of advance in-service training and one year of experience in direct support of persons with intellectual and related disabilities; or high school diploma, completion of advance in-service training and four years of experience in direct support of persons with intellectual and related disabilities. Must possess a valid SC Driver's License.
- Job Responsibilities
Under general supervision instructs and supervises Human Services Assistants in the care, guidance, and training of individuals with intellectual disabilities; performs routine, standardized duties involving choice of action within limits defines by standard practices and instructions and decision making that may affect accuracy of functional results.
- Supervises consumers' training and ensures IPP's are followed, proper documentation is done by Human Services Assistant II staff, and reliability checks are completed. Ensures assigned Human Services Assistant staff are aware of all assigned consumers' objectives as well as other pertinent IPP data.
- Ensures that Human Services Assistant staff consistently provide age-appropriate and structured group activities which involve all individuals and meet their training needs at appropriate times.
- Ensures that each consumer's 24 hour schedule is followed as written and schedules are revised as needed.
- Monitors individuals' direct care needs and ensures proper care as well as training opportunities given. Observe meals, bathing, dressing, toileting, clothing care, and unit advocacy system.
- Monitor staff compliance with required body checks, accident and behavior documentation, accountability procedures, and daybook documentation.
- Provide staff inservice and OJT as needed. Schedules regular unit staff meetings. Ensures that assigned staff are aware of all pertinent rules and regulations. Takes corrective actions and follows through with progressive disciplinary action as indicated. Particularly ensures active treatment for consumers.
- Maintains unit cleanliness. Ensures Infection Control guidelines are followed and promptly reports and follows up on maintenance needs and housekeeping.
- Performs other related duties such as assuring clothing inventory, purchasing, care, storage, and documentation procedures occur according to policy and regulation. Performs duties such as staff meetings, fire drills, consumer outings, medical/transportation coordination, etc. w/o reminders.
Unit 102 2nd Shift 2:45 p.m.- 11:15 p.m. days rotate--includes weekends.
On-line applications are required. You must include ALL current and previous work history and education. We emphasize that a resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application or reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the minimum qualifications for the position. It will be passed over, and will not be referred to hiring managers. Supplemental questions (when applicable) are considered part of the official application. You will be asked to provide a transcript if selected for a position requiring a degree. You will be asked to provide proof of licensure, certification, etc., if selected for a position requiring such. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be notified of job-filled status.
Clinton, SC 29325
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.