Medical Assistant - Certified
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: April 9, 2021
Organization: New Horizon Family Health Services
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Benefits New Horizon Family Health Services offers a robust and comprehensive benefit package to full time employees. These choices/options include: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits Suite of Voluntary Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts 403 (b) Retirement Plan Vacation and Sick Leave Paid Holidays
Experience and Skills:
High School diploma/GED and Completion of a Certified Medical Assistant program . Must have MA certification.
One year or more experience in office based patient care setting
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs and professional construction of emails
- Must demonstrate
- legible handwriting
- excellent spelling
- speaking clearly and grammatically correct
- the ability to accept responsibility as indicated
- being a motivated and enthusiastic learner
- a courteous and tactful manner
- the ability to work under stress and work well with others
The Medical Assistant (MA) provides routine care for patients who present to New Horizon Family Health Services. The Medical Assistant aids the Nursing Personnel and Providers as necessary.
- Helps support the achievement of provider productivity goals.
- Is responsible for daily patient phone messages.
- Cares for patients in accordance with instructions given by MD/Charge Nurse/NCSSD.
- Obtains patient’s vital signs, works up patients according to EHR processes.
- Administers treatment as directed by the practitioner.
- Gives injections under the supervision and orders of a Medical Doctor.
- Performs duties per completion of MA / Lab Orientation Checklists.
- Understands the purpose of and has a working knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home concepts.
- Works with Tracking and Task Management team members to track outcomes for referrals, hospitalizations, pap smears, vouchers and other required information supporting Patient Centered Medical Home guidelines.
- Participates in in-service training opportunities as required.
- Provides comfort and support to patients awaiting medical treatment / those having received medical attention.
- Assists in the maintenance of clean and safe examining rooms.
- Participates in CQI, other internal committees, special projects/observances or activities that promote improvements in organizational performance and/or advance the mission, goals and objectives of New Horizon Family Health Services.
111-A Berry Ave
Greer, SC 29651
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.