Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 25, 2020
Organization: American Family Care AFC Urgent Care Center
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
High School graduate or equivalent. Previous medical clerical experience preferred. Basic computer knowledge, e.g., Microsoft Office. Accuracy and detail orientation. Positive customer service skills. Well-groomed appearance. Clear and articulate phone voice. Tactful interpersonal relationships.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Office environment. Standing for extended periods of time. Sitting and keyboarding for extended periods of time. Reaching and stooping for files. High attention to detail and ability to focus. Potential exposure to potentially infectious material and chemicals. Moderate noise level.
To accurately check patients in and out by verifying insurance, collecting payments, and maintaining patient records and accounts. Maintain patient flow. Provide excellent patient relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare the clinic for opening each day by reviewing the facility, opening all systems applications, and ensuring lobby is clean, neat, and well stocked with appropriate marketing materials, tissues, etc. Ensure cleanliness of lobby and front office areas throughout the day.
- Greet patients in a professional, warm, friendly manner. Provide patients initial paperwork, and obtain/scan copies of insurance, identification cards and signed paperwork, ensuring accuracy.
- Register patients, update patient records, and verify insurance accurately and timely
- Follow company procedures related to workers’ compensation and occupational medicine patients
- Determine, collect and process patient payments and address collection and billing issues
- Ensure returning patients’ demographics and insurance are correct and HIPAA acknowledgement has been signed within the past year.
- Discharge patients accurately and timely by collecting balances, providing patient documentation, and following discharge procedures
- Ensure charges are complete and accurate
- Answer phone calls in a professional manner within three rings.
- Respond promptly to customer needs, provide excellent customer service, assist patients with follow-up appointments, and fulfill medical documentation requests
- Ensure patient flow is timely and organized, prioritizing appropriately.
- Ensure patient health information is protected according to HIPAA guidelines. Complete annual HIPAA training as required.
- Balance daily patient charges (cash, check, credit cards) against system reports
- Complete closing procedures by preparing closing documentation and submitting required reports
- Prepare, sign, and drop the deposit in the safe on a nightly basis
- Complete cash control procedures and secure financial assets
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Maintain office supplies
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and pleasant work environment
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management
- Regular attendance/timeliness to ensure efficient clinic operations
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs.
- Treat people with respect, inspire trust of others, work with integrity, uphold organizational values.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adapt to change in work environment, manage competing demands
- Maintain BLS certification.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Apply on company website.
474 Bypass 72 NW
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.