Mental Health Tech (MHT)
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: July 31, 2021
Organization: Three Rivers Behavioral Health
Location: Columbia Area
City: West Columbia
Website: View Website
Wages/Salary: Dependent Upon Experience
• Strongly prefer Bachelor’s degree in a psych-related field; HS Diploma/GED required.
• Prefer one to two years related experience and/or training
• Current BLS from American Heart Association & CPI Training (CPI Training can be obtained during New Employee Orientation)
• A basic knowledge of human behavior or principles of psychology will be very useful as well as skills in prioritizing and time management.
At Three Rivers Behavioral Health, a 122 bed facility located in West Columbia, SC, we never forget that patients are people -- people with potential, who can have better relationships and live more productive lives. For those who seek a secure environment, healing, hope, treatment, and recovery, Three Rivers is the first place for a second chance. Three Rivers provides psychiatric, detoxification/ rehabilitation, and dual diagnosis treatment through inpatient services for adolescents and adults. Our outpatient services include a Partial Hospitalization Program offering psychiatric day treatment for adults and an Adult Chemical Dependency Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program offering day and evening sessions. Three Rivers Behavioral Health currently has a Full Time Mental Health Technician available for First Shift (7a.m. – 3:30 p.m.).
Responsibilities: The Mental Health Technician provides direct patient care to patients with psychiatric disorders, addictive disease disorders or related substance abuse or chemical dependency problems or those dually diagnosed with psychiatric and chemical dependency disorders. Ensures the safety and well-being of patients by conducting 15 minute rounds on patients; helps maintain the therapeutic milieu on the unit; orients new patients to unit program and milieu. The Mental Health Technician supports an organizational culture for Service Excellence and practices the Service Excellence standards to all customer groups.
This opportunity provides the following:
- UHS is Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Tuition Assistance Program
7am - 3:30pm
3pm - 11:30pm
11:15pm - 7:15am
2900 Sunset Boulevard
West Columbia, SC 29169
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.