Pharmacy Technician (PT)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: August 21, 2020
Organization: Food Lion
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
Adhere to all company guidelines, policies and standard practices. This description is intended to outline the primary responsibilities, general nature and level of work being performed by associate assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and competencies. Requirements Requirements:
Demonstrated competence in effective communications skills and customer relations. Unrestricted ability to handle and process Medicaid and Medicare prescriptions. Registration with State Board of Pharmacy (where required by State law). Ability and desire to communicate effectively with customers, associates, other health professionals. Willingness to work a flexible schedule consistent with a stimulating retail environment. Ability to work accurately and efficiently. Able to read, write and perform basic math functions. Maintain confidentiality of customer and company information. Understand pharmacy inventory control procedures, including special requirements for controlled substances. Understand Pharmacy Standard Practice Manual. Share responsibility for department maintenance and cleanliness. This list is not all inclusive. Other requirements may be added to meet business demands.
Work Environment: The employee performs the functions of this position in clean, well-lighted temperature controlled, and well ventilated environment. Position requires contact with controlled substances as well as other pharmaceutical products. Some minor lifting (less than 25 lbs.) is required. The employee will be required to stand for extended periods of time during working hours.
1. Support and work with pharmacist to achieve outstanding pharmaceutical care.
2. Assist pharmacist, under their direct supervision, with filling of prescriptions.
3. Greet and provide customers with prompt and courteous service and assistance.
4. Operate pharmacy systems including register, computer software, and telephone.
5. Assist in maintenance of third party prescription information and resolution of rejected adjudication.
6. Maintain insurance/counseling log.
7. Maximize sales through excellent customer service.
8. Follow all company policies, procedures and practices.
9. Order, stock, maintain and return pharmacy inventory through proper supplier.
10. Maintain pharmacy department supplies (e.g. bottles, bags, labels, staples, etc).
11. Receive and obtain information needed on written prescriptions or telephone refill requests from customers.
12. Maintain organized filing system for invoices, manual insurance claims, daily reports, etc.
13. Relay specific communications to customers from technician or pharmacist processing prescription.
14. Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed.
15. Works with Pharmacy Manager, Store Manager and pharmacy personnel to execute marketing plans and programs
16. Assist in processing pharmacy outdates and credits including keeping inventory free from outdated product.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager or Store Manager.
1605 SC-72 East
Greenwood, SC 29646