Date Posted: May 13, 2021
Deadline: July 13, 2021
Organization: Flexspace360/Recruit-UP, LLC
Location: All Counties
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Skills and Personal Characteristics of the Project Technician:
● Mechanical, electrical and surveying experience in a similar environment or equivalent in college or vocational education.
● Strong attention to detail
● Ability to communicate effectively with customers, management and co-workers.
● Knowledge of how to read and interpret schematics.
● Experience effectively leading small teams of other electro-mechanical technicians
● Ability to maintain a good understanding of industry innovations and product availability in order to make recommendations based on customer need.
● Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude.
● Experience with industrial racking and automation systems is highly preferred, but not required.
● Ability to perform physical work in different environments; 50 pounds frequently and up to 20 pounds regularly, performing such activities as climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping.
● Ability to safely operate drills, grinders, pressers, forklifts, scissor lifts, hoists, and personal hand tools.
● Knowledge and application of OSHA safety requirements
● Ability to draw upon available support resources from within the company and recognize when it is appropriate to do such.
● Such other knowledge, skills and abilities are necessary in connection with additionally assigned duties. Main Tasks of the Project Technician:
● Effectively perform the entire electro-mechanical equipment installation process at new construction job sites and active industrial facilities; including a managing a small team of subcontractors for large projects and performing all electro-mechanical tasks on system repairs and other smaller projects
● Troubleshoot and problem solve issues that may arise
● Exhibit a professional demeanor; promote goodwill between the company and customers by providing a superior level of customer service.
● Effectively communicate between all parties involved in each project
● Follow safety rules and ensure that hazardous waste is disposed of properly.
● Perform other duties as assigned Benefits
● Medical Insurance -Premium covered by employer up to $1500/month
● Short-term and Long-term disability covered by employer
● Voluntary Benefits available – Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life
● 401K- matching up to 4%
● Bonus Potential
● Company cell phone reimbursement
● All travel expenses covered
● Earn/keep your travel points/rewards
● All tools and essential clothing paid for by company
● Flexible vacation
Flexspace, is a full-service design and automation company based out of Charleston, SC. Established in 2014, they are a rapidly growing innovative storage solution provider whose vision is to revolutionize industrial storage space across America. Flexspace excels at providing their clients with solutions that minimize energy demands, capital exposure, and impact to our Earth's resources. Their well-edited product portfolio provides flexible, scalable, modular space solutions that optimizes their clients resources and investment. Flexspace is continually striving to create an environment that fosters teamwork, mutual respect and high morale.
Job Summary: Due to Flexspace’s rapid growth, we are seeking to hire an experienced full-time Project Technician, with a strong mechanical/electrical background, to join their exciting and innovative company. The primary responsibility of the Industrial Storage Installation Technician is to execute highly technical installation projects for new construction sites across North America. In this exciting position, you will report to the Director of Operations and multiple Project Managers. This position also requires experience in control systems and low-voltage electrical, and surveying all while providing complete customer satisfaction in a professional manner. Experience with industrial racking and industrial automation systems is highly preferred. Experience with high voltage electrical and leading small teams in a construction environment and is preferred, but not required. The ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver with a servant leader mentality and exceptional communication skills. Strong customer service skills and experience working with customers and General Contractors is required for this position.
164 MARKET STREET #236
Charleston, SC 29401
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.