State House Gift Shop and Tour Interpreter
Date Posted: September 2, 2021
Deadline: September 8, 2021
Organization: SC Dept. of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $34,242 annually
Bachelor’s degree in history, education, communication, or related field and two (2) years of relevant experience in public relations (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
1) Position requires some driving and travel, with occasional overnight stays. Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking and standing on uneven surfaces and climbing stairs. Position works a flexible work schedule, including weekends and holidays.
2) Ability to coordinate activities in multiple areas of responsibility. Ability to research, organize and compile factual reference data and reports. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to speak publicly and clearly articulating accurate information. Skills necessary to effectively receive, formulate and disseminate information within various applications through the agency's computer network, and operate various audio/visual and office equipment.
3) Must possess a valid SC drivers license.
Coordinates interpretive services for the State House and Venues at Arsenal Hill.
1) Researches, develops, and implements tours for all three sites at the Venues in conjunction with the State House Manger. Works with historian and archaeologist to make sure that all information is correct and that tours are engaging and informative.
2) Schedules and coordinates all logistics of tour programs including parking and coordination with other state staff/departments. Ensure excellent customer service for all tour participants.
3) Provides instruction, training, and professional development for docents and tour guides to ensure a high quality experience for tour participants. Create a cross team mentality with State House and Venue tour guides to make the team diversified in their ability to do tours at all sites.
4) Works with multidisciplinary organizations to improve visitor experiences with outside partners. Ensures that programs are marketed to enhance visitor knowledge of the programs.
5) Compile and record data, produce reports of State House and Venue activity, visitor profiles and group tour tracking to State House Tour Manager.
6) Practice and promote teamwork within the State Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
7) Schedule, train, and recruit staff for the Governor's Mansion and Venues.
8) Works with the Governor, Lt. Governor, Legislators and their staff, and State House staff to meet their needs. Be the point of contact for the Governor's Mansion and the Venues.
Actual Job Location: SC State House Gift Shop and Tour Office.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
1100 Gervais St
Columbia, SC 29208
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.