Food Service Director
Date Posted: April 1, 2021
Deadline: April 8, 2021
Organization: SCPRT/Hickory Knob State Resort Park
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $33,494.00 annually.
Bachelor's degree in Food Service Management, Dietetics, Nutrition or related field and three (3) years experience in a management or supervisory capacity, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1) Involves standing for long periods, bending, stooping and routinely lifting merchandise up to 50 lbs.
2) Position requires flexible work schedules, including weekends, nights and holidays.
3) Ability to manage all aspects and activities within a restaurant environment, with detailed knowledge and the ability to positively affect the aspects of such an operation as they relate to profitability. Ability to effectively coordinate the activities of subordinates. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and interact positively with patrons. Skills necessary to effectively receive, formulate and disseminate information within various applications through the agency's computer network, and operate various office equipment.
4) Must have a valid state-issued Drivers License.
Manage all aspects of the restaurant food service operation at Hickory Knob State Resort Park.
1) Manages and supervises the restaurant in a professional manner to ensure an efficient, seamless operation.
2) Manages restaurant A-I and A-II human resource functions, employee timecards and tip entry/allocation.
3) Monitor & maintain kitchen inventories and supplies by requisitioning adequate stock. Responsible for inventories, purchasing, and budgets for restaurant.
4) With the Kitchen Manager, plans menus and accommodates special food service requests/catering and provides meals that both meet USDA nutritional standards and are appealing visually and to taste. In the absence of the Kitchen Manager, oversees the preparation and presentation of food in a restaurant environment.
5) Ensures that all health and safety regulations and requirements are met and maintained.
6) Establishes standards and schedules for all restaurant staff. Effectively communicates responsibilities and concerns to employees.
7) Practice and promote teamwork within the Restaurant/Gift Shop, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
1591 Resort Drive
McCormick, SC 29835
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.