Guest Services Position
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 6, 2020
Organization: SCPRT/Hickory Knob State Resort Park
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
Wages/Salary: Pay is $9-$13 per hour depending upon experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar situation preferred but not required.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of computers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational abilities.
We work hard but have a lot of fun. Benefits include an option for insurance and retirement savings account. We have staff appreciation days and you get a discount on your meals and park activities.
Stop by in person for an application.
Hickory Knob State Resort Park is located in McCormick, South Carolina right on beautiful Lake Thurmond. Our park has accommodations, meeting space, a full service restaurant, gift shop, eighteen hole golf course, skeet and archery range.
We currently have an opportunity for someone to join our Guest Services team. We are looking for team members who strive for excellence, and a common mission to help people have a great time at our park.
The ideal team member will have the following qualities:
- You will need to be organized with the ability to juggle several things at once.
- A team player with a positive attitude, approachable, with excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle issues with respect, integrity and sensitivity.
- Good understanding of the Microsoft office suite.
- Greeting guests.
- Customer Service.
- Rotating shifts within the guest services department.
- Answering the phone and directing calls, taking messages.
- Registering guests.
- Checking guests in and out.
- Handling complaints and requests.
- Track and report room status.
- Taking payment over the phone and in person.
- Ensure the front desk is neat and presentable at all times.
What winning looks like in this position:
- Accurately inputs all information for reservations.
- Accurately taking payments or refunds for merchandise, activities or accommodations.
- Sends calls to the correct individual at that timeframe based on scheduling.
- Showing up on time, being a team player and serving where needed with a great attitude.
- Learning about the park and being able to share that knowledge with guests and visitors.
- Taking initiative and being pro-active, seeing a need and doing it without being told.
- Communicating with team members about things that happened during your shift that others need to know about. Or updating what happened on a previous shift that continued onto yours. Keeping everyone in the loop with phone calls or updates with groups.
Pay is $9-$13 per hour depending upon experience.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
1591 Resort Drive
McCormick, SC 29835
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.