Date Posted: June 10, 2021
Deadline: July 30, 2021
City: Asheville, NC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Associates Degree in an engineering related field is preferred or related education and experience in an automotive technical field or certification from an Airframe and Powerplant technical school.
- Willing to consider in lieu of degree: Equivalent mechanical powertrain experience in the automotive industry (in-depth engine work including tear down, reassembly, measurement, and dynamometer testing) if coupled with a minimum of 2 years of relevant R&D or technical lab testing experience.
- Experience in general machining and fabrication, including basic welding.
- Experience in a professional automotive components test environment (powertrain systems, lab or R&D) is desired. Demonstrated mechanical aptitude is a must, combined with ability and willingness to complete both on the job and other formal training as required. Must be proficient in reading and interpreting mechanical and engineering drawings.
- Must have a demonstrated mechanical aptitude and ability to learn required. Strong blue print reading experience and ability to utilize dynamometers, indicators, micrometers and dial calipers required related equipment; and be willing to train on the use of advanced measurement devices if requested.
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic Computer literacy including the ability to use lab related software as well as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel etc.).
- Must be able and willing to attend courses related to specific test protocols.
- Action Oriented Listening
- Dealing with Ambiguity Creativity
- Timely Decision Making Decision Quality Problem Solving
- Functional/Technical Skills Informing
- Learning on the Fly
Direct Reports: None
Reliably set-up and perform gas stand, engine dynamometer, special testing, and other bench work. Complete engineering reports, present data to Engineering, as well as other lab duties.
- Read and understand instructions and secure the necessary procedure(s), work instruction(s), or specification(s) to complete Engineering/Customer requests (GEMS Tickets).
- Reads engineering prints, and is able to measure hardware utilizing the proper measurement tools and techniques.
- Measures and assembles hardware prior to testing.
- Performs setup of gas and engine stands and changeover of hardware for the next test sequence using correct adapters and connections for testing per specification(s).
- Independently operates gas stands, engine dynamometers, and other special testing equipment, observes and immediately interprets data and reacts accordingly.
- Performs system-level performance, sub-system level, and component qualification testing on gas stands. Also performs gas stand functional and durability testing on gas stands.
- Performs engine durability testing, which includes installation of engine and dynamometer, dynamometer and engine installation checks, as well as writing and editing test schedules.
- Prepares components for burst and containment testing by performing component balancing in preparation for assembly, and weakening of components for burst and containment testing.
- Completes component level qualification testing such as blade frequency measurements and fatigue testing.
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of measurements, temperatures, pressures, and frequencies.
- Performs maintenance on gas stands, engine stands, and test equipment as defined in the Operator Preventive Maintenance (OPM) log.
- Completes logbooks, testing notes, and other related records as required per Engineering requests, work instructions, procedures, or specifications.
- Gathers, processes, and prepares data for Supervisor to distribute to Engineering. Demonstrates good interpersonal, communications, and decision-making skills.
- Maintains safe and professional appearance, habits, and work area. Actively participates in 5S activities.
- Continues training to upgrade capabilities.
- Understands and adheres to current quality and control policies.
- Understands and adheres to current health, safety, and environmental policies. Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
1849 Brevard Rd,
Arden, NC 28704
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.